Show #1 | Show
#2 | Show #3 | Show
Show #5 | Show
# 6 | Show #7 | Good
People Gather | Riot in a Mic 11-6-07 | 5 Minutes on a Full Moon
goofing off on the phone | Lowry, --->Tubman, & ---> Amin | Where is the Water? Part 1 | Where is the Water? Part 2
Derrick Jensen & Radio Roxanne: Premise One | Winter Solstice '08 | Women in Black-NYC-(Palestine & Israel) | Save Aaron | Questions from the Allegheny Forest | Oceans of Oil | Japan: As Crows Fly | Time Short, Stakes High-#1-"XL Excess"
This is a 3 minute 19 second Radio Roxanne experimental audio piece about the one-month-old oil hemmorhage in the Gulf of Mexico, for Friday, 21 May, 2010. It's experimental in that it's not my standard linear journalistic narrative style, and instead is an experiment in the use of my voice as an instrument. I thought originally I would be composing a more complicated piece, with multi-tracking and music. For reasons known to my muse, the composition went in another direction...
Usually I do this work alone, without input from others, and with very little assistance. This time, for the past month, I've had terrific help from a number of friends to whom I owe huge thanks, including Deena Metzger, Nancy Hayes, Annette and Eric Crespo, Derrick Jensen, Stephanie McMillan, Alex Mead, Chris O'Rourke, Carolyn Raffensperger, and especially Doug Lambert. Thank you for listening. If you like this, please share it with others.
Also, please see the following links for information about the ongoing catastrophe and for information about actions you can take:
1. 6 min. Youtube of Larry Schweiger, President of the National Wildlife Federation, testifying before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee May 19, 2010 on what he witnessed while on the front lines of the oil spill response effort.
2. Read these articles, and smell the smoke:
a. Gulf oil spill leak now pegged at 95,000 barrels a day (video) Posted on May 19, 2010 by dandelionsalad:
b. BP Smoking Gun? Oil Giant Skipped Critical Testing Hours Before Explosion... First Posted: 05-20-10 02:15 PM Updated: 05-20-10 06:10 PM
c. May 16, 2010 at 16:07:24...Too Big to Exist - Big Oil:
d. In Gulf Spill, BP Using Dispersants Banned in U. K. by Marian Wang, ProPublica - May 18, 2010 2:24 pm EDT:
e. What spill? Rig owner approves $1 billion dividend to shareholders... By John Byrne Monday, May 17th, 2010 -- 10:11 am
3. They know no limits, and they must be shown their limits: Shell to court: We're ready to drill Arctic Ocean... Fri, 07 May 2010 10:52a. m.... By William McCall
4. Call today, call now, call and tell them: Stop the spill, Stop BP!...
5. Size matters
6. Online petition
7. For ongoing updates about this dire situation, stay tuned to Daily Climate.